Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My First Post

This week on the Bloggy Moms' Writer's Workshop group, the assignment is to reflect on my first blog post.
The first thing I realized through this assignment is that I missed my first anniversary! My first post to Tales from the Compound was titled Welcome to the Compound. It was posted on January 13, 2010.

I think the post is a great description of how I ended up living on my own little Waco. I realize that is probably not politically correct, but there really is nothing else to call it when your entire 13 acres is enclosed in electric fencing and patrolled by two rottweilers. And this is your husband:
And he was a corrections officer in a maximum security prison, a gun-shop owner, and currently is turning a wrench on boats and golf carts.

So if you are new to my blog, read that first post to find out how a young girl who thought she'd be living in high fashion in a big city ended up in the middle of nowhere, happy as a clam.

No comments:

Post a Comment